Comprehensive Ophthalmic Care
At Liberty Ophthalmology, we realize that maintaining optimal vision is a vital part of your daily life. So, when it comes to taking care of your eyes, you want only the finest, most experienced specialist in your corner – as well as one who sees you as more than just another patient.
Dr. Eric W. Lothes is a board-certified ophthalmologist who has been treating patients in central Ohio – many of whom he considers his friends and neighbors – since 1990. Among the extensive ophthalmic services he provides are:
- Comprehensive eye exams for children and adults
- Ophthalmic lasers
- Diabetic eye exams
- Glaucoma detection and treatment
- Cataract evaluations and post-operative care
- Laser treatment for "secondary cataracts" (post-cataract membrane opacification using YAG lasers)
- Treatment of acute ocular emergencies
- Treatment for styes, chalazia, and periocular eyelid lesions
- Contact lens fitting and instruction
- Dry eye treatment
- Offering EyeScience vitamins: Dry Eye™ and Macular Health Formula™
- Treatment for excessive tearing
- Therapeutic BOTOX®
In addition to these services, Dr. Lothes offers screening, assessment, and monitoring of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Macular degeneration is a common eye disease that causes deterioration of the macula, the central area of the retina, and the paper-thin tissue at the back of the eye where light-sensitive cells send visual signals to the brain.
Another common eye disorder that Dr. Lothes treats is dry eye syndrome (DES). It affects a significant number of adults, especially those older than 40 years of age. There are several treatment options available when it comes to dry eyes, including supplements, eye drops, and punctal plugs (also called tear duct plugs, which helps your eyes stay hydrated).
Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmologist in Powell, Ohio
To see Dr. Lothes for any of your ophthalmologic needs, call our office in Powell, Ohio at (614) 841-9300 or use our online appointment request form.